Basic Law Enforcement Academy TAC Officer Position: Southwest (Clark) Regional Campus
TAC Officers provide full-time services to the Commission, coordinating and conducting Washington State Basic Training Academy programs under the direction of the Assistant Commander and Regional Academies Commander. The position of the TAC Officer is one of immense importance. At times demanding, the
position requires hard work but returns high reward.
This posting is intended to fill one (1) vacant TAC position for the Basic Law Enforcement Academy opening at the Southwest Regional Campus.
The TAC Officer position offers:
• Priority BLEA & BLEEA Registration
• Allocated seats for applicants submitted by TAC Officer agencies
• Class placement within 60 days of submission
• Full reimbursement of TAC Officer wages and benefits
• Professional development and training opportunities
Candidates for this position will be evaluated in these main areas:
• Documented history of high-quality performance
• Emotional Intelligence
• Teaching Abilities
• Role Modeling/Mentoring
• Leadership & Teamwork Abilities
• Administrative Competence
• Ability to perform the tasks required of recruits
The TAC Officer is responsible for delivering lecture, scenario, and reality-based instruction. To be considered for this position, submit a complete Application Packet, which includes:
• Curriculum Vitae (CV)
• Letter of Interest
• Letter of Support from the agency head
• Last two years of performance evaluations
• Last two years of sustained complaints with the agency's Professional Standards Office
• Letters of Recommendation (optional)
Submit a complete application packet by email to the Assistant to the Commanders, Serena Anastasio, at email@example.com by 1700 hours on October 16ᵗʰ, 2023 to be considered.
Upon review and acceptance of a complete application packet, qualified candidates will be contacted
regarding the next phase of the screening process, which may include:
• Oral board Interview
• WSCJTC on-site visit
• WSCJTC informational interview of current TAC Officer
For further information or clarification, please feel free to contact the Regional Academies
Commander, Dave Miller, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 945-5872.