Integrated Arrest Tactics Assistant Instructor Recertification
The Integrated Arrest Tactics (IAT) Assistant Instructor Recertification Course is designed for law enforcement officers who want to assist IAT Lead Instructors in delivering training to their agency or other law enforcement organizations and have previously been certified as an IAT Assistant Instructor. The course provides students with a comprehensive overview of the WSCJTC IAT Program curriculum, as well as the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively assist IAT Lead Instructors in delivering the curriculum.
The course covers a wide range of topics, including:
- The principles of IAT: The course provides a comprehensive overview of the IAT concept, including its foundational principles, development, and implementation. Students will learn the key components of IAT, including physical skills, communication skills, and decision-making skills, and how they are integrated into the arrest process.
- IAT curriculum: The course provides students with a comprehensive understanding of the IAT curriculum, including the development of training objectives, instructional materials, and assessment tools.
- Physical training: The course includes hands-on physical training, allowing students to experience the IAT curriculum and develop the skills necessary to assist IAT Lead Instructors in delivering it. Topics covered include control tactics, defensive tactics, and arrest techniques.
- Instructor support: The course provides students with the necessary knowledge and skills to support IAT Lead Instructors in delivering the curriculum. Topics covered include lesson planning, instructional techniques, and effective methods for presenting and evaluating the IAT curriculum.
- Legal and ethical considerations: The course covers the legal and ethical considerations involved in the use of force and the arrest process. Students will learn about the WA AG’s use-of-force model policy, the legal implications of use of force, and the ethical considerations involved in the use of force.
This course is designed for law enforcement officers who want to assist IAT Lead Instructors in delivering training and have previously been certified as an IAT Assistant Instructor. The course is taught in 40 hours and is a combination of classroom instruction, hands-on training, and practical exercises. Upon completion of the course, students will receive a certification as an IAT Assistant Instructor and be eligible to assist IAT Lead Instructors in delivering the IAT curriculum.
To register for the course, contact your Training Manager to assign the training to you via Acadis.
Who can attend our classes?Active law enforcement or corrections officers that have previously been certified as an IAT Assistant Instructor or equivalent certification as determined by the IAT Program Manager.
- Duty Belt with all items (inert taser, inert oc, baton, etc.)
- Training Taser
- Appropriate gym attire or 511 wear is sufficient
- Wrestling/mat shoes are required for this training
- Boxing or MMA style gloves are recommended
- Outer vest (if you have one)/ Under-clothed vests are ok
- Inert OC
- Inert duty/ SIRT Pistol
Pre-Course workReview IAT principles and other pertinent aspects of the IAT program.
Appropriate gym attire or 511 wear is sufficient
ScheduleClass will run from 0800-1700 hrs Monday through Friday.
CancellationNotice must be provided 14 days prior to the start of the course.
|Session||Session Title||Dates & Hours||Location||Status||Cost|
|2171-1||IAT Assistant Instructor Recertification||3/6/2023 - 3/10/2023
0800 - 1700
19010 1st Avenue South
Burien, WA 98148