This 16 hour course is intended to train instructors on the correct usage of the VirTra Training Simulators. During this course, participants will:
- Start and shutdown the VirTra system using the directions provided in class using all the steps in the correct order
- Trouble shoot problems with the VirTra system using the directions provided in class
- Develop a 30 minute instruction session using the VirTra system to meet the criteria provided by the instructor
- Participate in VirTra Training Sessions
VirTra Judgmental Use of Force & De-Escalation Scenario Training Simulators dramatically improve:
- Judgmental use of force
- Situational & scenario awareness
- Critical thinking
- Communication skills
- Decision making under stress
- Reading body language and threat cues
- Use of de-escalation techniques
- Public and officer safety
To register for the course, contact your Training Manager to assign the training to you via Acadis.
Upcoming classes are listed below. Registration does not guarantee acceptance into the class. Participants will be notified two weeks prior to the course of their registration acceptance OR any course cancellation.
If classes are full, or not available, please complete the Course Interest Survey. This is not a waiting
list, but instead helps us see if there is enough interest to create another
class. If we schedule a session, we will contact everyone who has
completed the survey and request that registration be completed.
Who can attend our classes?
This course is geared towards:
- Agencies who want to use the VirTra system for in-service training
- Firearms Instructors who will implement the virtual training as part of their program or who assist with Firearms instruction
- TAC Officers and Instructors in Patrol Tactics, Force Options, Active Shooter and Patrol Procedure instruction at their Agency or for WSCJTC
Visitors attending training at the WSCJTC are encouraged to wear their agency logo shirt/uniform or agency ID badge while on campus.
Visitors not wearing agency identification will need to check in at the front desk and wear a clip-on visitor's identification card.
Class hours are 0800-1700, Monday – Friday, with the exception of State and Federal Holidays.
To cancel registration, send email to email@example.com . Cancellations must be received at least 14 days prior to class.