Aquatic, Abuse, Death and Homicide Investigations
This course is hosted by the King County Sheriff's Office.
What were you taught about Body-Found-In-Water Investigations?
- Is it a body dump or a drowning? State-of-the-art diagnostics of drowning
- What to photo and document on body & scene
- Bathtub, bucket, toilet, pool, & open water incidents.
- SIDS or Homicidal Drowning?
- Preservation of possible water crime scene
- What happens to submerged bodies and evidence?
- Submerged evidence recovery / processing (DNA, weapons, fabrics, pollen etc).
- Was it not there, or did the dive team miss it?- How to tell the difference
- Indications of homicides by drowning.
- Autoerotic aquatic asphyxia and Aquatic Sexual Sadism
- Aquatic child abuse
To register for this course, please follow the instructions on the class flyers linked below.