Detention/Corrections Supervisors Academy
This course is hosted by various departments (see attached postings).
AMONG THE MANY THINGS YOU WILL LEARN ARE:
- How to professionalize the rank of Supervisor in your organization
- Improved management and leadership skills Dealing with the problem employee Practical techniques for managing change Interpersonal relations and communication
- Positioning for sustainable funding for your agency Understand performance based planning and budgeting
- How to build a strong team focused on achieving results
- The Supervisor’s role in the organization
To register for this course, please follow the instructions on the class flyers linked below.
Who can attend our classes?
This Academy is structured for candidates for promotion and those who are already First Line Supervisors.
In addition, non-sworn candidates for promotion or those who are already First Line Supervisors are encouraged to attend.