Handgun Red Dot Sight Instructor
The CJTC Handgun Red Dot Sight Instructor is a 24 hour course. The course is designed to bring current firearms instructors up to date on the fundamentals of teaching and integrating handgun Red Dot Sights (RDS) into their training curriculum or agency program. We strongly recommend this course if you or your agency is in the process of approving the use of, or converting as an agency to handgun RDS.
Due to the advancing technology of the RDS the trend for duty use is increasing at a rapid pace. To meet this challenge and stay relevant with emerging tools and tactics we will cover the technology, concepts, principles and training methodologies to prepare instructors to teach the RDS platform to experienced or novice shooters.
Available Sessions are located in the ACADIS List of Available Training. To see those sessions and for registration, please follow this link – Available Training.
Once on this training page, locate the “FILTERS” button at the top right-hand side of the page.
In the “Keyword” Field, type –2031 and then hit the APPLY button.
All available sessions will be displayed. For more information on each session, click the individual session.
Contact your agency ACADIS training manager to register.
Who can attend our classes?This class is open to active law enforcement officers who meet the prerequisites.
- Duty handgun equipped with RDS AND iron sights. RDS capable holster on patrol duty belt with a minimum of 3 magazines.
- Inert training pistol to fit your duty holster (red or blue gun)
- Eye protection (including clear glasses for night firing)
- Hearing protection – electronic headphones and earplugs
- Review and be ready to discuss your agency’s RDS related policy if one exists
- Weapon cleaning equipment
- Body armor
- Baseball hat
- USB flash drive
Required Ammunition (agency responsibility)
- 1000 rounds primary handgun (clean fire required in Burien - Total Metal Jacket)
Students attending should wear range appropriate clothing. Come prepared for all weather conditions. They should possess agency identification.
RegulationOptics review/update will be merged into Handgun Instructor Recertification, Course #2015.
Class hours are 0800-1700, Monday – Friday, with the exception of State and Federal Holidays.
To cancel registration, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Cancellations must be received at least 14 days prior to class.