Lethal/Less Lethal Shotgun Instructor
This course will give current firearm’s instructors the knowledge and skills of shotgun operation in both Lethal and Less-Lethal applications. This course is not ammunition specific, but rather, familiarizes officers with the variety of lethal ammunition options, less-lethal munitions options, and tactics currently used during LE operations. Applicants who fail the prerequisite entry range skills test will be removed from the class on the morning of the first day and charged the full course tuition fee.
This class is 40 hours in length. Graduates will be able to teach safe-handling, operation and manipulations of the police shotgun as well as less lethal application of the same platform.
Subjects covered include:
- Loading & unloading
- Less-Lethal options & applications
- Methods of carry
- Immediate action drills
- Select munitions drills
- Weapon modifications and accessories
- Types of munitions
- Sizing the shotgun to the shooter
- Target engagement from 1 to 100 yards
- Introduction to 37mm & 40mm Less-Lethal platform & munitions
Available Sessions are located in the ACADIS List of Available Training. To see those sessions and for registration, please follow this link – Available Training.
Once on this training page, locate the “FILTERS” button at the top right-hand side of the page.
In the “Keyword” Field, type –2030 and then hit the APPLY button.
All available sessions will be displayed. For more information on each session, click the individual session.
Contact your agency ACADIS training manager to register.
Successful completion of WSCJTC Handgun Instructor Level 1, course #2011.
A firearms qualification test will be administered on day one. A passing score must be achieved in order to move on in the course. Review the requirements on the documents listed below.
Who can attend our classes?
Class is only open to active law enforcement officers who meet the prerequisites.
- Agency-issued/approved shotgun pump or semi-auto, with sling and side saddle or other spare ammunition storage device capable of being attached to the weapon. All applicants should bring a duplicate spare shotgun. NOTE – a pump-action shotgun is required for Less-Lethal munitions.
- Weapon cleaning equipment
- BDU type pants with cargo pockets
- Baseball cap
- Body armor
- Laptop and flashdrive
- 10 dummy shotgun rounds
- 50 rounds of agency-issued Less-Lethal Impact munitions
- 500 rounds of 00 Buckshot
- 500 rounds of birdshot
- 250 slug rounds
- 50 rounds of practice ammo for duty pistol
Students attending should wear range appropriate clothing. Come prepared for all weather conditions. They should possess agency identification.
RegulationAfter successful completion, students will receive a CJTC Shotgun Instructor certification that will be valid for 3 years. To maintain instructor certification, students must complete a 8 hour Shotgun Instructor Recertification Course within 3 years.
Class hours are 0800-1700, Monday – Friday, with the exception of State and Federal Holidays.
To cancel registration, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Cancellations must be received at least 14 days prior to class.