Collision Investigation - Advanced
This class is 80 hours in length and expands on the teaching of the Basic course, and provides new material. Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand advanced vehicle accident concepts of pre and post-accident vehicle speeds and paths
- Vehicle conditions related to accidents
- Demonstrate use of appropriate formula applied to specific accident situations
To register for the course, contact your Training Manager to assign the training to you via Acadis.
Upcoming classes are listed below. Registration does not guarantee acceptance into the class. Selections will be completed four weeks prior to the class; those accepted into the class will receive a notification at that time.
If classes are full, or not available, please complete the Course Interest Survey. This is not a waiting list, but instead helps us see if there is enough interest to create another class. If we schedule a session, we will contact everyone who has completed the survey and request that registration be completed.
Successful completion of Collision Investigation Basic course.
Who can attend our classes?Certified law enforcement officers that meet the pre-requisites are eligible to attend class.
- Traffic Template (given in Basic Collision)
- Scientific Calculator
- Notepad or small bound notebook for math work, pens, and pencils
- Pad of large size drawing paper (recommended 24 x 26 minimum)
- Large drawing triangles (30-60-90 degree and 45-45-90 degree) recommended 12" triangles
- Mechanical drafting pencil with replaceable lead
- Colored and Drawing pencils
- Drawing compass
- 360-degree protractors
- 100 and 300 foot measuring tapes
- Flex curve (optional)
- Drafting dividers (optional)
- Outdoor clothing/shoes for outside exercises
Visitors attending training at the WSCJTC are encouraged to wear their agency logo shirt/uniform or agency ID badge while on campus.
Visitors not wearing agency identification can attend classes in business casual attire. They will need to check in at the front desk and wear a clip-on visitor's identification card.
Hours are typically 0800 - 1700 Monday through Friday, unless noted otherwise.
Deadline to cancel: 7 days prior to class. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
$100 no show or late cancellation fee.
Registration is preferred through the Acadis system. If a paper application is needed, please complete the form below and email to email@example.com for processing.
|Session||Session Title||Dates & Hours||Location||Status|
|0202-4||Collision Investigation- Advanced||4/24/2023 - 5/5/2023
0800 - 1700
Richland Police Department
871 George Washington Way
Richland, WA 99352
|0202-6||Collision Investigation- Advanced||5/8/2023 - 5/19/2023||
Puyallup Police Department
1531 39th Ave SE
Puyallup, WA 98374
|0202-5||Collision Investigation- Advanced||10/16/2023 - 10/26/2023
0800 - 1700
Kent Police/ Fire Training Center
24523 116th Avenue Southeast
Kent, WA 98030