Handgun Instructor Recertification
This class serves as a recertification of Firearms Handgun Instructor for Level 1, Level 2 and Handgun Optics Instructor. It is 24 hours in length and should be attended within 3 years of last certification. This course will provide the current firearms instructor with the contemporary techniques and theories as well as a review of motor learning and feedback principles, along with updates on RDS technology and training standards. In addition, this course will provide a review of federal and state laws and contemporary legal standards relating to the use of deadly force.
Course topics are as follows:
- Review of state & federal laws concerning use of deadly force
- Handgun Instructor Manual review
- Review principles of the Enoka and Heim studies
- Review handgun manipulation Techniques
- ACMLP (Sport Skills Instruction for Coaches book) review and application
- Handgun marksmanship qualification
- Current marksmanship and combat shooting techniques
- Aiming principles to include red dot sight discussion and application
Available Sessions are located in the ACADIS List of Available Training. To see those sessions and for registration, please follow this link – Available Training.
Once on this training page, locate the “FILTERS” button at the top right-hand side of the page.
In the “Keyword” Field, type –2015 and then hit the APPLY button.
All available sessions will be displayed. For more information on each session, click the individual session.
Contact your agency ACADIS training manager to register.
Successful completion of Handgun Instructor Level 1, course #2011.
- A pre qualification can be arranged by contacting one of the current CJTC Master Firearms Instructor on the CJTC Firearms MI Contact List.
Who can attend our classes?This class is open to active law enforcement personnel who meet the prerequisites.
- Department approved handgun w/ three magazines
- Duty belt with agency approved holster and magazine pouches
- Duty flashlight w/backup light recommended
- Eye protection and ear protection
- BDU Type pants w/cargo pockets
- Body armor will be worn while on range
- Laptop and Flash drive
- Handgun - 1,200 rounds of handgun ammunition, 25 inert training rounds, (dummy rounds)
Other Required Materials
Students are responsible for the content of the Sport Skill Instruction for Coaches book. A review of the book based on the Level 1 handout will be conducted over the three days:
- Sport Skill Instructions for Coaches
- Author: Craig A. Wrisberg
- ISBN: 9780736039871
Students are required to have access to a copy of the manual that they received in Level 1.
Dress CodeStudents attending should wear range appropriate clothing and come prepared for all weather conditions. They should possess agency identification.
Class hours are 0800-1700, Monday – Friday, with the exception of State and Federal Holidays.
To cancel registration, send email to email@example.com . Cancellations must be received at least 14 days prior to class.