Private Security Certified Rifle Instructor (Certification/Recertification)
This course series is designed for Private Security and Bail Bond Certified Firearms Instructors. It will introduce participants to contemporary techniques & theories for firearms instruction. Course topics will include:
- Instructor manual review
- Deployment and manipulation exercises
- Marksmanship qualification
- Duty optics
Participants will receive Instructor Certification upon successful completion of the course.
The initial certification course is required for all Private Security and Bail Bond employees seeking firearms certification to become instructors. Afterwards, instructors can maintain their instructor certification by attending the recertification course every three years.
Applicant must have successfully completed Course 2322 – PS Handgun Instructor
Participants will take a shooting qualification test for either 50- or 25-yard ranges and a manipulative skills test on the first day of class. A passing score on both tests is required to complete the class. Participants that do not pass will be removed from the class. We strongly suggest students practice before attending the course to ensure a passing score.
Review all forms under "Required Forms" for more information on testing requirements.
Who can attend our classes?These classes are available to individuals who currently are employed by security companies and/or law enforcement agencies.
- Duty rifle with manufacturer's operator manual
- Spare magazine carrier (either belt or weapon mounted)
- Rifle sling
- Minimum of two rifle magazines
- Bipod or Rucksack to shoot off of
- All weather clothing
- Eye protection (including clear glasses for night firing)
- Hearing protection – electronic headphones and earplugs
- Weapon cleaning equipment
- Basic repair tools specific to your rifle
- BDU type pants with cargo pockets
- Notetaking materials with writing utensils
- Baseball cap
- Body armor
- Sunscreen (pertinent to training)
- Hydration (pertinent to training)
- 500 rounds for rifle
Recommended optional equipment
- Shooting pad
- Rain poncho/parka
- Knee pads
- Elbow pads
- Laptop computer
Visitors attending training at the WSCJTC are encouraged to wear their agency logo shirt/uniform or agency ID badge while on campus.
Visitors not wearing agency identification can attend classes in business casual attire. They will need to check in at the front desk and wear a clip-on visitor's identification card.
The WSCJTC is mandated to issue Firearms Instructor Certification per WAC 139-37-005.
Please note: Applicants will be subject to a background check.
Deadline to cancel is 14 days prior to class. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel your registration.
- CJTC 732 – PSPI Instructor Course Application
- List of instructor credentials or copy of certificates for all courses- list name of credential, date of credentialing and the state in which it was received.
- Letter of interest for the course
- If employed by a company, please provide the owner's contact information.
Applications packets are accepted on a first come, first served basis, and must be uploaded to the PSPI Document Drop Box. Incomplete application packets or packets missing signatures may not be processed.
Classes will be cancelled if enrollment is low. To ensure the class is not cancelled, please submit your application materials in as far advance as possible. Fees are non-refundable.